November is here and we are racing toward the end of the season. Believe it or not, some of our younger teams will wrap up this weekend.
Have you ever really thought about how much time we spend on the sidelines of our children’s sporting events? We all know that time is the most precious commodity there is. So, what is this all for? What is it that we hope that our children will gain from their athletic pursuits? Corte Madera FC believes that sports give our children the opportunity to engage in healthy risk-taking and to learn valuable life lessons like hard work, the acceptance of temporary failure, teamwork, and humility. Our kids are able to build their confidence and hopefully become life-long athletes, as well as learn the benefits of physical activity and good nutrition. Sports are important and helping our children navigate this crazy youth sports world is our job as parents.
One of the best parent resources out there is Changing the Game Project. Changing the Game provides parents and coaches with information and resources they need to ensure that sports are healthy, positive, and rewarding. Corte Madera FC believes wholeheartedly in the mission of this organization. If you haven’t checked it out, please do! This article entitled, “I Never Thought it Would End THIS Way” is one of our all-time favorite articles/blogs. It is written by a dad reflecting on his daughter’s athletic experience after her last high school soccer game.
Corte Madera FC on Instagram and Twitter
Don’t forget to follow #cortemaderafc on Instagram and @cortemaderafc on Twitter. Please continue sending your team photos and/or videos to Jill (email@example.com) or Brent (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Weekend Matches at Town Park
This weekend will be one of our final busy weekends at Town Park. Come cheer on a friend or neighbor’s team! The home game schedule is as follows:
Saturday, November 2
- 8:30am – U11 Girls Red vs Napa
- 10:00 am – U8 Boys White vs. U8 Boys Red
- 10:15 am – U11 Boys Red vs. Napa United
- 10:30 am – U13 Girls Red vs. American Canyon
- 11:00 am – 2:00pm – U8 Girls Jamboree
- 11:00 am – U10 Girls White vs. Napa United
- 11: 30 am – U12 Boys White vs Mill Valley
- 12:45 pm – U11 Boys White vs. Marin FC
- 1:00 pm – U10 Boys White vs. Mill Valley
Sunday, November 3
- 9:30 am – U10 Girls Red vs Marin FC
- 10:30 am – U11 Boys Red vs. LFC IA Bay Area Academy
- 3:30 pm – U13 Girls Red vs. SMC Earthquakes Academy